Showing the Number of Items in a Stack

I found in the reference manual that it is possible to show the number of pieces of a stack in the Mouse-over Stack Viewer.

Can I use the total Unit Count of all pieces in the stack anywhere else except the Mouse-over Stack Viewer? I’d like to set this number as a Global Property Value.

Thanks,
Andreas

If I understood your question, yes you can. The same principle is used for card counting a deck which you can then for example display on a board by creating an at start stack, with a single piece in it containing text labels with the property value as their text (for example in your case “Units in stack: $UnitCount$”)

I think you are wrong. You talk about counting expressions that may calculate items that are inside (and only inside) a deck. That won’t work outside a deck.

Thanks,
Andreas

I think you can do this, actually, though I haven’t tried it. Follow the example for counting pieces on a map, but add Matching Properties for CurrentX and CurrentY. So you either have specific coordinates that you want to monitor (like an at-start stack), or you have a specific piece that you want to monitor, that sets the relevant X and Y when it ends movement on a map.