Sound dice button

I have a sound mp3. I want to fire this sound when clic on the dice button. It can be done? How do it (if possible)?

Yes.

Hide the dice button up in the toolbar. On your map, create an at-start-stack with a piece that indicates ‘click here to roll dice’. Set the piece up with an Action Button, so that when users click on it, it fires a global hotkey to roll the dice. In the piece is a trait called ‘play sound’ where you can load a .mp3 or .wav file.

Check out my Ghost Stories module to see how I do this (the Roll Dice Button at-start-stack to be exact).

Dave

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM, packonn <messages@forums.vassalengine.org (messages@forums.vassalengine.org)> wrote:

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

On Jan 28, 2009, at 10:25 AM, Dave Neumann wrote:

This would be something nice for you to add to vassalengine.org/wiki/doku.p … ow_to:main

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

I believe that Tim already has an example of triggering dice with a global hotkey in there…at least he’s the one who showed me the example of how to do this in the first place. =P

Dave

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Thomas Russ <tar@isi.edu (tar@isi.edu)> wrote:

I dont remember putting that in the wiki. I usually just dump demo mods on the forums as its a lot easier showing how to do something with a simple demo rather than writing down trying to explain it. Perhaps all these Demos floating about in the forums should be linked to the wiki also in a category of Demonstration mods with titles that link to d/l of the example?

To: VASSAL Engine Forums Mailing List messages@forums.vassalengine.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:16:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Module Design]Sound dice button

I believe that Tim already has an example of triggering dice with a global hotkey in there…at least he’s the one who showed me the example of how to do this in the first place. =P

Dave

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Thomas Russ <tar@isi.edu (tar@isi.edu)> wrote:

Support for MP3 sound files will be included in Vassal version 3.2.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Great module, Dave. Fantastic. There are too many things that I like it to list here. I have analyzed the mechanism of the three dice, the colors result instead of numbers, the sound of the dice (nice!). Is complex, at least for me.
My module has only one die. I created the piece button for launch the die. When I clic on this piece, I hear the sound of the die (wav, not mp3), but the result of die does not appear below the toolbar. I’m doing something wrong. Would be great the result next to the button, as in the Ghost Stories (numbers instead colors in my case). A little help?

Sure, I can take a look at it.

Why don’t you email me your mod: neumann2706 (at) gmail.com

Dave

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:24 AM, packonn <messages@forums.vassalengine.org (messages@forums.vassalengine.org)> wrote: