The Refresh Counters tool does not add decks on new Map Windows to the predefined setups

This one!

My fault, I was thinking about adding cards to GPP (not decks).

The game is Tide of Iron.
It usually have 0 to 6 decks in play in each scenario.
But before starting each game you could change the decks with others available from the game (54 decks in total).
Some of the decks are weather or optional rules that could be added to every scenarios.

I can’t wait to hear your suggestions!

I wonder if something like this would work for you:

1. Define 6 possible “in play” decks in appropriate places for how you want to present these decks to the players, bearing in mind that oftentimes some or all decks aren’t used. There is a way to disable map buttons or windows, for example, so maybe putting some decks on dedicated windows would make be useful, and you can disable ones that aren’t selected in setup.

2. The various card packs will be defined in decks on a map window.

3. An appropriate scenario setup definition mechanism is in place - for example, a dedicated window with buttons. Might be combined with the card packs window or maybe the card packs window is hidden and the setup window separate. At game start, the user selects the decks to be used - either directly or by selecting a setup in game terms - a simple example of this is the C&C Napoleonics deck selection panel at the start of a CCN game. With so many decks, I expect you will need a dedicated window.

4. Once the options have been selected, the player presses a game start button or something like that.

5. The module then processes the game setup, using Place Marker / Send to Location to move cards from the setup area to the appropriate in-play deck. Finally the module deletes cards from the setup decks.

Step 5 will work for both new games and existing scenarios. However, for new games, where the cards will actually exist in the game file, you could use Send To Deck hotkeys, which will likely be quicker (this is what CCN does, because the decks already existed when the scenarios were defined). In this case, you could trigger a different mechanism depending on whether or not the cards actually exist in the game (a check on any setup deck _numPieces should be enough).

Let us know if this helps and any issues, maybe someone has some better ideas.