TI3 PBF Game - Asymmetric preset galaxy

I really like that spot!

[size=200]Creuss is up.[/size]

Excuses, Shaun.

I feel that, Zero…but I like it too. lets see how high the prices will get…or maybe someone gets that Nekro out of that periphere position, right into action.

[size=200]SOL (Aruze) UP[/size]

okay’s i guess i cant bid anymore so il just claim that empty one.

You can outbid someone else, as was done to you, if you want. If you take the empty one the bidding phase is over and the game starts (I think).

Why cant u bid anymore? you can go as high as you want…jsut take new TG’s and put it where you wanna be…

Guys, I think we need to re-examine the purpose of having a maximum amount of Trade Goods with which to bid with was this:
You have only so much weight you can throw around. If we do not have a limit on the amount of trade goods we can bid, it becomes a cycle of the following:
I bid 2 trade goods for HS 1
No, I bid 3 TG for HS 1
No, I bid 4 TG for HS 1

Repeat ad nauseum for EVERY person, and home system.

Are we going to clutter up the forum with log after log, and post after post, re-hashing bids that should have been decided dozens of posts ago?

I am in favor of: you got 2 TG to bid with, you bid 2, the system is yours, tough shit to the other people.
We cannot keep this game in the bidding stages, I personally would actually like to get to the point of Turn 1…before Christmas!

Well I see the point and agree with the problem. I was pretty skeptical that bidding would be any faster than manually placing tiles. However, with such a not balanced map, I don’t think there is a faster and fair way to do it.

I don’t imaging bidding would go on much longer. As it is I’m starting the game with 3 TG. YAY ME!

lets just start the game already.

There is no set amount of TG you start with, nor is there a max number of TG available to bid with. What you do is take the highest bid out there and normalize from there. As it is, Creuss and I have 3 TG out, so we start with zero bonus TG. Muaat has 2 out, so he starts with 1 (max bid on the board - your bid = bonus tg you start with : in Muaat’s case 3 - 2 = 1 ). Nekro has 1 tg so he starts with 2, and unless you change your placement, you and Yin start with 3 bonus TG each.

The idea here is to find a balance of how much each starting location is worth in comparison to what else is out there.

lets just say that the ghosts of creuss will meet with an unfortunate accident later in the game.

:slight_smile: lets start this thing.

Why me?

Zero totally got it. For some races some HS are worth much more, its a question about can u afford to bid more, that you start with less TG.
I mean, fine, we can start, but dont get fooled by the asymetrical board.

HS top left is pretty nice as it has a gravity rift next to it.
HS top has a lot of tech bonusses
HS next to mecatol, well…it ist next to mecatol
HS on bot left, unfortunate for the Nekro
HS bot right, very slim, bouldered against the Muaat.

Every Location has its own ups and downs, its the point of that map. And everyone must decide by bidding, what it is worth for them. Checking the objectives, races and personal playstyle. In the end, it evens out, and in my opinion, it adds some depth to the game.

But if you dont wanna keep bidding (which is not neccessary, since Sol took the unoccupied system) we can stop here. I was just saying that you dont need to sit on a system which you dont like. Its a question of “what is it worth to you?”.

But lets quit it then and start the game. Lets have Shaun change the tiles to the HS and set us now up.

[size=200]GM UP [/size]
Bidding Phase is over

Sorry guys, was away the last couple of hours so I couldn’t chime in sooner.

Aruze, I want to make sure you realize the bidding rules. There is nothing keeping you from bidding increasing the bid on any system currently claimed by another player. Qui-Gon’s scenario will NEVER happen, because no system is worth endless amounts of TGs which will definitely go out to the other players.

I’ll make it your call Aruze. Feel free to place another bid. I agree with jp that bidding will continue for at most 3-4 additional bids. If you want to remain where you are, please continue with the steps below (same for everybody).

1. Remove your control marker / command counter from the board.
  2. Place your bonus TGs = [maximum bid minus own bid] on your race sheet.
  3. Replace the flipped home system with your own from the setup window.
  4. Place your starting Command counters (standard 2/3/3) on your race sheet.
  5. Draw 2 political cards from the deck and place them in your personal area.
  6. Put several cards in your personal area:
    • starting technologies
    • trade agreements
    • flagship card
    • representatives
  7. Put your home system planet cards below your race sheet.
  8. (Optional: change your units’ color)
  9. Place your starting units.
  10. IMPORTANT: Nominate your 2 neighbors (for secret objectives or other game effects) in case there are multiple home systems at equal distances to your own.
  11. Pick your first round’s Strategy card.
  12. (complete any necessary setup steps that I might have forgotten to list…)

Who is next to me…

If you look at the map some people do not have a choice. If you start a circle with them in mind it becomes possible and logical to have a nice orderly system that would look like (starting at the top and moving clockwise & to the left around the board)…

Creuss < Winnu > Muaat = Yin - Nekro = Sol = Creus

= means there is no option here
< and > mean Winnu has no choice, but his neighbors both do

• means both sides could choose another

This way everyone has two neighbors and is the neighbor of two.

We have a slight issue shaun. We need to know who is speaker, else we may all choose the same strategy card and have an issue on who has a right to it. We also need to draw political cards one after another, else we run the risk of all drawing the same cards. So, who will draw first?

Thank you for your act of good will, Shaunm.

I spoke to Qui-gon and he enlightened me on the rules about the TG bidding.
Ive chosen to remain where i am and continued with the steps above.

Ive taken the liberty of searching the Homeworld deck for each homesystem and placed them under your race sheets, however ghost of creuss home planet is somewhere still on the main gameboard.

-Also Shaunm as a responce to your Step #12 i placed my Leader’s on my home system.
we’re playing with leaders right? :slight_smile:

Next player to “Etc etc… Strategy card” i think Zilfalon?

Edit: While i remember, i Nominated Ghosts of Creuss and the Necro Virus.
(not sure why we need to nominate)

Regarding neighbors:

One thing that is important to note, although it may seem strange: neighbor nominations are one-directional. This means, that there are the following choices (unless I counted wrong somewhere):

Sol: Creuss and Nekro (no choice)
Creuss: Sol and (Muaat or Winnu)
Nekro: Sol and Muaat (no choice)
Muaat: Yin and (any other player)
Winnu: Muaat and Creuss (no choice)
Yin: Muatt and (any other player)

Regarding speaker:

As already setup, Aruze is first Speaker.

Regarding Step 12: You’re absolutely right. Please place leaders as well. :slight_smile:

so whos up next?

Your Pre-setup is perfect (although I don’t know what one of your CCs is doing on the Nekro race sheet :smiley: , so

[size=200]Zilfalon is up[/size]

I hope I didnt forget anything.

If someone finds my home Planet, please put the Space Dock, the 2 GF’s and my Leaders on it.

I also announce the Winnu as the second Neighbor, next to Sol.

[size=200]TUNA DUDE is up[/size]

edit: file added -.-