Hi from a new member… i’m italian, so sorry for my bad english.
I’m trying to achieve some “auto” features for a module about a game i’m trying to design.
This game have a board based on tiles, which can be rotated. Looking at some modules i’ve done it.
Now, these tiles have some squares with different “properties”, different from the normal ones.
- Some block movement and LOS
- Some needs to be choosen randomly as “spawn points”
- Some are “Hotspots”, and have an identifier color.
Now, the counters, related to these type of terrain:
- Can’t see, and can’t move through them (BUT they can if they gain “fly”)
- Must be placed randomly in these “spawn points” when they…well, “spawns”
- When a counter is on a HotSpot:
If they are of the same color, they can do certain actions, otherwise some else. When a counter is not on a HotSpot, they can just do the “basic actions” (always available).
I’m a programmer, so i can easy understand how “properties” works. But i’m a newb in Vassal, so i need to “know the environment” and to be addressed a bit.
So, finally, my initial questions are:
q1) How to implement “locations” (or terrain features) on a “Tile System” game?
q2) How to make a Counter “aware” of his location?
q3) What’s the best way to change a counter menu depending on his location WITHOUT PROGRAMMING custom classes? (i may want to pass the module developement to a non programming friend…)