Updating old module

I’ve been working on the Dawn Patrol module on and off over the past year, updating and adding to a module that was originally created more than two years ago. There are a few quirky features in this module that I believe are due to its age. One thing that I would really like to fix is the fact that the server, controls, and map are in three separate windows. Is there any way to fix this in an older module?

The only way that I can see to bring the module up to date with the current version of Vassal would be to create a new module from scratch. Please tell me there’s an easier way to do this :slight_smile:

This is controlled by a Preferences setting; it’s not something you can specify in the modul editor. Just check the “use combined application window” option in the preferences. In VASSAL, most preferences settings are on a per-module basis, so that’s probably why you only see separate windows for this one module.

rk

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

I looked at the preferences, and the combined application window isn’t an option under any of the tabs. I suspect that this is due to the age of the original module. Which leads me back to the original question - any way of updating this to a current module, short of building a new one from the ground up?

Usually, all you have to do to update a module is edit and save using the latest version of VASSAL. At the most, you might have to recreate a couple of components. For example, you might try making a new Map Window and copy/pasting the boards into it from the old Map Window, then deleting the old one.

rk

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

That has worked for several components, but apparently not for the preferences.