Не запускаются модули в v3_5_8

OK, whatever you say, I’ll try :sweat_smile:

I’ve updated the custom code for Carcassonne so that it no longer uses anything deprecated in Vassal 3.6.3. Here it is. I make no guarantees that the code works, or worked to start with; only that it compiles.

@jrwatts I have named the file “3.0.2”, but I have not changed the internal version number. If you load this module, it will show up as 3.0.1. The version number must be changed if this module is to be released. If you are going to edit this module, please do that in Vassal 3.6.3 and change the module version number to 3.0.2 if you’re not making any significant changes, or to something else higher (3.1.0?) if you are.

It’s a popular game, and it would be nice if someone—maybe you!—were to get the module current and working again.

1 Like

I’ll fix the broken GKCs and upload version 3.0.2 later tonight, if all goes well.

2 Likes

Version 3.0.2 of the Carcassonne module has been uploaded and the Module page has been updated to include it. It may take a few days for them to pass moderation, so please be patient.

Note that I just did a quick search-and-replace, getting rid of extraneous $-signs from BeanShell code that was causing errors. I did not thoroughly test the module! Feel free to contact me if you find any problems.

It still gives an error, most likely the problem is in the device

This is expected. The updates to the Carcassonne module weren’t intended to fix that problem.

For this problem, I have a test build for you to try. Install the VASSAL-3.6.4-SNAPSHOT-203653b-auuuuugh_tiler build for your system from here. What does that do when you load the module with it?

Oh my God, the module opened in a couple of seconds, and a loading window appeared that had never been displayed before. If necessary, I can show the error Log

I would like to see the error log, please.

Which module I did not try to open, all were installed in no more than 2 minutes

Thanks for testing. That’s how I expected the error log to look. We’ll have a fix for the problem in the next release.

That is, I need to use this snapshot now, and after the release of 3.6.4 I will need to reinstall it and everything will be fine?

It’s fine to keep using this development build—the only difference between it and 3.6.3 is the fix for the problem you were having. When 3.6.4 is released, I recommend upgrading to that.

Thank you and Jrwatts more for solving this problem. I hope that everything will be fine from now on. Happy New Year and good luck!

1 Like