Warhammer Fantasy Battles

As there seem to be several groups working on their ‘own’ module for warhammer I urge you all to coop with each other and work on ONE module, otherwise it’s a waste of resources…

My opinion, too.

People who got sick of waiting had the opportunity to help all the time.
But I was more or less the only one who worked on that and help on the module itself was nearly non-existing (all worked on 40k).

Now, where it is far more easier to do this module, people are coming and complaining about the first module not being finished. That’s very disappointing, I have to admit.

The current group is located at gw-fanworld.de/forumdisplay.php?f=299.
Everyone is invited to help. We are waiting for the code to be packaged and want to start with recreating the contents of Battle of Skull Pass first.

As always, we are needing people who are good at making sprites.

From a user:

I recognized the source never worked in online mode. I updated the files. Here’s the link. fightingchaos.com/vassal/bat … bin_06.zip

The grouping, ungrouping and rotation were not synchronized in the 05 version.

If time permits (in half a year or so, don’t expect anything) I’ll have a look at the zoom and cloning issue, could not reproduce the save file issue, the name of the edit command is editable (didn’t check if just editing the name would fix it though).

I’ll try to keep it updates and will work on fixes on irregular base, so don’t expect anything besides bugfixes atm.

Could you provide a tutorial how to get this in a vassal module actually?

I don’t know how to use that in own modules.

Have a look at this one: Armies of Arcana, it’s at vassalengine.org/community/i … page=Files

or at the module provided in the download, the documentation comming with it and the documentation on how to add custom code into a module.

Well, it works in the module but I don’t know why. There is only a global key command, but I cannot find where CTRL G is defined.

That is where I’m stuck. The vassal documentation is disastrous. I learned everything by trying…
Because of that I asked for a tutorial or how-to.
You seem to know so why not share it?

man,…
have a lok at the reference manual in the zip, have alok here: vassalengine.org/wiki/doku.p … rogramming
and here in general:
vassalengine.org/wiki/doku.php?id=tutorials

If the documentation would be as bad as you state I must be a genius to code that functionality based on the disastrous documentation :slight_smile:

c’mon, nothing is for free ;-)

Try to open the properties of the global key command (on the battlefield map, not he setup map…) there you’ll find your CTRL-G…

this project seems to be discontinued as anyone can see on the dates of the last posting anybody who’d like to step up and continue is welcome, the files are avaiable, including sources for vassal. good luck