Which Global Properties Folder to Use?

There is a Global Properties folder as a direct subfolder of the module. I just noticed that the Main Map Window folder and each other Map Window folder I add also have a Global Properties subfolder.

So when creating Global Properties, which Global Properties subfolder should I put them in?

I re-read the Reference Manual section on Global Properties and saw that Global Properties can be created in Zones, Map Windows and the Module. So that leads to a second question:

If a Global Property is created in Map Window 1, can an expression in Map Window 2 read the value of that property?

No, not directly. An ‘expression’ belonging to a Game Piece ‘sees’ all the global properties in the Zone it is in, the Map it is in and the Module it is in.

To share information via a GP between 2 pieces in different Zones on the same Map, the GP will have to be at the Map level.
To share information via a GP between 2 pieces in different Maps, the GP will have to be at the Module level.

1 Like

Thank you Brent.

For anyone who may be looking for the same information that I was, I found the thread Finding a Map GP from another Map helpful.