X-Wing Miniature Game 8.7.1 - 2.0 Squad Spawn Error

Error occurring when trying to create the squadron in X-Wing, when clicking on the “2.0 Squad Spawn” button.

Attachment you can see the log created in the file: errorLog.txt

In addition, I can see this error when starting Vassal with Java from cmd console:
[i]
Error: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching raw.githubusercontent.com found
Unhandled error parsing remote json:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching raw.githubusercontent.com found
I/O Error: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching raw.githubusercontent.com found
Unhandled error parsing remote json:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching raw.githubusercontent.com found

[/i]

The problem you’re seeing is with some custom code in the module you’re using, not with VASSAL itself.

Hello,
I have a problem with “squad spawn” too. Maybe you can help us.
I will try from my house (same wifi) with 2 computer (win7 and win 10).
The Problem: When I push the button of Squad spawn 2.0 nothing happens and appair a bug message.
Im trying to reinstale vassal and mod but dont work.
Vassal version: 3.2.17
Module version: 8.7.1
Message when I open the new game:
Error: can’t connect online to verify the module’s integrity with xwing-data2 - will attempt to use local files instead.
— File not found ‘manifest.json’ not found in C:\Users\jalgarra\Documents\Vassal\xwd2.zip
XWS2Upgrades line 343 - couldn’t load the manifest for upgrades
XWS2Upgrades line 343 - couldn’t load the manifest for conditions
XWS2Upgrades line 323 - couldn’t load the manifest for conditions

• Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game version 8.7.1

Welcome to the VASSAL server

Message when I try to open my squad:
EEEk! A bug!
VASSAL had an internal error
VASSAL had an internal error. You can help the VASSAL developers fix it by sending them this error report with a description of what you were doing when the error happened.

I wrote the error and send e-mail too.

Thankyou

Hello again,
This is the model and other data that maybe you need:

• Model: Lenovo
  • Operating System: Windows 7 64bits
  • CPU: Intel Core it-6200U CPU 2.30GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB
  • Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 520
  • Vassal version: 3.2.17
  • Java version. version 8 act 121 (1.8.0_121-b13)
  • Vassal module name and version: X-Wing 8.7.1

Thank you

If you’re not using the current version of the module, try that. If you are using the current version of the module, then you may wish to contact the maintainer of the module about the problem.

This bug was reported by a few users over the last year - it’s in all likelihood related to where you decided to place your module file, in a folder which isn’t giving file writing rights to the vassal module. In order for autospawn to work fast, it needs to download and occasionally refresh some local files where the module is.

See github.com/Mu0n/XWVassal/issues/245

Also see this discussion here:
https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/x-wing-8-3-0-module-unable-to-make-lists/9695/1