Zone Highlighting

Hey,

I’m attempting to use the Zone Highlighting feature and although the directions seem clear and simple - I’ve not been able to get it to work with either 3.5.7 or 3.6.0-beta2.

I’ve got a map with zones - here is a photo of the hierarchy:

I have a Hampton Zone and a Hampton Zone Highlighter. Here is the Zone:
zone

and the highlighter:
zone-highlighter

Yet, when I look on the map where the Zone is configured it is not highlighted. Here is the definition of the shape of the Zone:

and here is the actual appearance in the game (you’ll notice the Activation Counters are being properly sent to the zone - it is just not getting highlighted).
zone-game

So, am I missing something obvious? Is this a bug? Thanks! jas…

From the Reference Manual:

You appear to have used the name of a Highlighter as the Highlight Property, instead of the name of a property that contains the name of a Highlighter.

The Highlighter Property should contain the name of a Global Property (probably a Zone GP attached to this zone) that contains ‘Hampton’ as its value.

It is designed so that you can change the current highlighter of a zone dynamically by changing the value of the Highlighter property.

Regards.

1 Like

I just tried this and can’t get it to work. I have a Zone Global Property called Highlighter with an initial value of Money. I have a Zone Highlighter called Monday. I have a Zone (below the Highlighter definition in the list), and I set the highlighter property to Highlighter. I don’t see any highlighting.

I finally got it work. I think the probably might have been that I had a board image that was only so wide, and the zone that was to be highlighted was off to the right of that. So I added to the board image to made it much wider to make room for the zone (I had figured it would just be white space there and all would be fine, but it uses the image to get the map width I think). Anyway, it still didn’t work. Even though I selected the image file again board, I couldn’t see the changes to the file I’d made. I had to remove the module and re-open it to get it to behave.

1 Like