TI3 PBF Game - Asymmetric preset galaxy

Looks great! The map is done. I’m now waiting for Qui-Gon to send me his race selection and his time zone so I can do the seating order.

i think its GMT -7 he’s from canada, i have played with him before

Ah thanks! I’ll reveal the map as soon as I’ve got a message from him.

okay but it might be 9 hours til he comes online, he usualy comes online at 16:00 his time wich would be 11pm at your time, however il let him know to post a reply here when he comes online.

Shouldn’t it be even later than that? 16.00 at GMT -7 would be 01.00 at GMT +2. So I’ll post the galaxy first thing tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it!

anyone up for a quick 1v1 TI3 on vassal while we wait?

Done.

Here’s my log.

All right, we’re ready to start bidding on Home Systems.

Please log in as the following players:
P1 - Zilfalon
P2 - Aruze
P3 - jpsuchecki
P4 - TunaDude
P5 - Qui-Gon
P6 - AbsoluteZero

In case you missed how this works:

The first player places his one of his control markers on a home system together with a number of TG tokens (you may bid 0). This is now the current owner and value of the system. Going clockwise around the table, players will either place a bid on a new system or overbid another. When it comes to a player with his control marker already on the map, just pass along. The game begins the moment all players have their control marker on the table.

An example for a 4-player-game:

P1 bids 0 TG on Home System (HS) 1.
P2 bids 0 TG on HS 2.
P3 likes HS 1, bids 1 TG on HS 1 and replaces P1’s control marker (CM) with his own CM.
P4 bids 0 TG on HS 3.
P1 currently does not have a CM on the board, so he has to bid again. He bids 2 TG on HS 1 and replaces P3’s CM with his own CM.
P2 has a CM on the board, so his turn is skipped.
P3 notices, that HS 3 isn’t such a bad position either, so he bids 1 TG on HS 3.
P4 has to bid again and settles with 0 TG on HS 4.

Now all markers are on the board:
P1 with 2 TG on HS 1.
P2 with 0 TG on HS 2.
P3 with 1 TG on HS 3.
P4 with 0 TG on HS 4.

Each player starts with maximum bid (=2) minus own bid
P1 = 0 TG
P2 = 2 TG
P3 = 1 TG
P4 = 2 TG

Bidding starts with Aruze.

[size=200]Sol(Aruze) is up[/size]

Sol (Aruze) Finishes his Bid.
it is now P3’s Turn to Bid.

-jpsuchecki- (p3)

oops forgot to add

What is the distribution if any of low and high risk ds tokens?

Next to Home Systems is all Low risk, the rest is High risk.

Actually, turn order is around the board, so

[size=200]Creuss(Zilfalon) is up[/size]

Note the player ids are a little confusing, turn oder is: P1 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P3 - P2

Perhaps the id’s could be changed for a next version of the module, jpsuchecki?

:smiley: Shaun has forgotten to give us secret objectives, which I would want to know before bidding :smiley:

He is on it. Just called him.

Sorry, yep, I just gave preliminary objectives (not secret objectives Zilfalon) to everyone. See the attached log. Aruze, if you would like to redo your initial bid, please say so, otherwise

[size=200]Creuss is up[/size]

I would recomment you redo your turn :smiley:

There is no need to bid on a system for 2 TG at the beginning. No one claims its yet, or you want to force the price going up…
Lets jsut say I want your system, I put one TG more on it.
If everyone else takes the other systems without bidding any trade goods, we all get 2, because u bid 2 as highest.

I recomment you redo. But everyone does that th first time they bid :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah after careful concidderation i will not change my bid =)

Hmm, not necessarily. With a bid of 2 TG you set a firm foot in that system. Not a bad strategy if you want to draw all others away from that location and have them first look at all alternatives.

Can’t get my prelim to flip or peek. Please tell me what I’m doing wrong or PM me what my objective is. Thanks in advance!